Monday, October 31, 2022

Just arrived in Shenandoah River State Park, 2 PM

The weather was fairly nice for the entire drive of two hours until I hit front Royal. Then the rain started. It is raining slightly now, but the chance of rain increases from 83% to 93% over the course of the next three hours, so I have no choice but to go out there and set up the tent now. Interestingly enough, of the hundreds of times I have pitched my camp, I can recall only two times where we actually had to set up the tent in the rain. It is not a pleasant task to do, but once complete, and once the inside the tent and is dried out, it is pretty cozy inside .

We have the camp all to ourselves for the next two days, so if it is isolation I am looking for, it is certainly here.

Since there is no place around the campsite to set up a tarp, my guess is dinner will be served in the pavilion in the park down the road a bit.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment