Monday, October 31, 2022

On The Road 12, episode 5, day 1, 730, Shenandoah River State Park va

Donner absolutely loves his new bunking arrangement. He did not even glance at my cot and when straight for his. Now I am filled with guilt that I never thought of this for Montag, Sontag and Kessie, and Leben and Erde. But they never complained.

Setting up the tent in the light rain was not as onerous as I thought it was going to be. A couple of poles got disconnected in the tent sleeve that required sione patience to resolve. All in all, we met the challenge head on with both the tent and tarp and I must say we did a pretty good job. Donner played his part by giving me his company.

We are alone in the entire camp. I kept seeing a light through the woods in the distance, but it was my headlight reflecting on something.

Dark is coming early these days. I had to use my headlamp outside at 630. We were in the tent by 654, which means I will get a lot of reading done or another 10 hours of sleep. It is drizzling lightly outside so that will be conducive to a good night"s sleep. The temperature is cooperating with us during this episode unlike in Blackwater Fslls, where the temperature was 25 all three nights.

The plan for tomorrow is simple. Up at 7, take Donner for a walk, and sir outside my front door testing as the Shenandoah lazily rolls along, as it has got so may eons and much history.

Ed and Donner, from the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment