Monday, October 17, 2022

OTR 12, episode four, Blackwater Falls State Park, West Virginia

Donner and I are now embarked on episode four of OTR 12, and are now camped at lovely Blackwater Falls State Park West Virginia. Although the threat of rain and snow never appeared, the cold did. The temperature when we arrived here was in the mid 30s, and promises to drop to the 20s tonight. We arrived at the camp at 4 PM, had the camp set up by 5:19, and finished the outside chores at precisely 7 PM, just as usual daylight disappeared.

We are alone in the entire camp, in a tent, except for one other camper who is comfortably situated in a large Ivett RV. Anticipating the cold, I brought along daughters cozy bed so there is no incentive to try to squat on my bed until I throw him off. As you can see in the bottom photo, he is all set for the cold tonight, with his winter coat And a cozy red blanket covering him.

I think I will keep these posts short so I can get some reading done. In the last three weeks I have gotten more reading done then and all of my road trips, cumulatively.

No comments:

Post a Comment