Sunday, October 16, 2022

On The Road 12 - Episodes 1 to 3

I apologize for being negligent with my blogging this year. It is my hope that next week I will be able to catch up. The trip so far this year has consisted of the following:

 

  1. Four cold but wonderful, days at Lewis Mountain campground in the Shenandoah National Park;
  2. Four absolutely beautiful days at Loft Mountain Campground at the south end of  the Shenandoah National Park; and
  3. Four absolutely terrific days at the Shenandoah River State Park in Virginia, where we camped right on that famous river.

 

Tomorrow, we head off to West Virginia where we will camp for four days at the beautiful Blackwater Falls State Park. For better or for worse the weather will be cold and snow and rain are forecast for most of the time. To compensate for the weather, I am bringing along one of Donner's more comfortable beds so he can head directly for that rather than trying to squat on my cot (see below). But if he decides to squat on my bed, well, I will be most happy to be relegated to his bed.

 

Although I will surely disappointed that I had to cancel our trip along the Donner Party Trail this year, it has worked out extremely well. Not only have I lost 10 pounds in the three weeks since I started this, most of my pandemic weight, these short local trips have given me a chance to come back for physical therapy, Pilates training, and to take Donner swimming on Fridays and Sundays, his favorite treat. Most of the rest of the time at home is spent preparing for the upcoming trip. My hope is to take at least one or two more camping trips after this week, then perhaps rent a cabin for a few more weeks.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment