Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Blackwater Falls State Park WV day 3, 330pm

After stopping at the Lodge for a treat for Donner. We drove to the Nordic center, whe I found an off-road trail for 4x4 vehicles only. See photo. After driving about a half mile, I turned around. I had not check out the winch, we were alone on the trial, there was no cell phone service, and Donner cannot walk far. It was a pretty rough trail.

After that, we drive into town and gassed up. I then discovered J and D automotive where Josh topped off my differential oil. There has been a persistent leak that needs to get fixed.

We are now at the nature center enjoying the view on the lake before heading back to camp for dinner, the plan is to head in tent at 530 and get a good night's sleep before the long drive back tomorrow,

Driving the narrow winding snow covered roads through the forest brought back a lot of good memories of past journeys with all my dogs. How pleasant it is that those journeys took place and still burned onto my retrievable memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment